Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Color!

I spent several days working on this pastel.

At 12" x 18" inches, it's one of my larger pieces lately.  Originally, I was just going to do some stripes of color, but then Alex saw it and began to exclaim over it (I know she means well, but when it comes to artwork, that kind of drives me nuts with performance anxiety) and so I continued on to fill the whole sheet.

Humidity has been high, as you can see by the slight puckering of the paper.

Now, what is it supposed to be? Stripes of color, that's all.  Gobs of color.  I suppose you could gaze at it and at times imagine a lake and mountain scene,  at others a sunset ... just colors is good enough.
What I have thought about is that although I worked it as a horizontal piece, it might be more interesting to rotate it 90 degrees.

Is it a cityscape on Mercury? Canyons seen through infrared?


1 comment: