Thursday, January 13, 2011

Green Garlic Dressing

On today's menu was spaghetti, with a salad, and cheesy garlic bread.

When I asked Bernie what kind of salad dressing he wanted, the choices being bottled ranch, garlic (mine) or peppered vinaigrette (also mine) he chose garlic.

It's a simple enough salad dressing to make, but when I went to pulverize some cloves of garlic, I thought it might be cool to make a green garlic dressing, making use of lettuce and spinach leaves -- after all, adding some substance to the mixture would make it cling to the vegetables better, right?

Into the Cuisinart food processor went six cloves of garlic, and about a loose cup of spinach and those curly little lettuce leaves no one in this family likes, plus about 1/3 cup of vegetable oil, and a bit of salt. I buzzed it until it liquified, then added 1/3 cup of water, and let the processor emulsify the whole thing.

It was delicious, although I have no idea how long it will last, but I know that I'll be making this again in the future.

No comments: