Friday, December 12, 2008

Dink the Crude

This is my first attempt at doing a portrait of Dink in Photoshop.

I can see after the fact that I should have limited the palette of colors more, and where I made mistakes in how I sequenced layers, but it's not too bad for a first crack. I like the speckles, and the tail. And the mane. The mane worked out really well, using a "grass" brush on a separate layer, and then rotating it with "Transform" and using the "Move" tool to put it in place.

I wrote a little bit last night, some 200 words on a new fiction story, just trying an idea on for size. 

Tonight I still have ashes to clear from the woodstove firebox, and kindling to arrange -- tomorrow is an "Okay To Burn" day, and I can't wait for the steady, healing heat of the woodstove instead of the ineffective puffing of the gas furnace.

Another day, another little creative effort.

No comments: