Saturday, December 6, 2008

Bitty Things

Last night I finished "Rat in the Attic."

I've been working on it a little at a time, trying to take a more measured approach than my usual shotgun technique of just hammering words out and gleaning them later. I think I might want to add one more sentence to the first few paragraphs ... but maybe not. In spite of trying to keep it brief, I ended up with nearly 2500 words. I'm pretty sure, however, that I'll revisit the characters in the future.

So I've written a little every day, except for Sunday and Monday, when I made 6 pumpkin pies. I made the shells Sunday, and filled them Monday. I also did a quick rat sketch from a picture I found online, to try to get a sense of what a rat looks like, for the eventual re-depiction of Jimmy the Rat.

Also last night I did a quick sketch on a large sheet of paper of a tall jar. It was just for the limbering of fingers, not for any real work. Still, it was something new.

Tomorrow it goes into the recycle bag.

No comments: