Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Monday: Hold Your Nose!

On the forums of NaNoWriMo, there is a section near the bottom called Off-Topic.

Within the Off-Topic forum there is a thread called "Did someone say, 'Urinal cakes?'" Don't worry ... it's a years-long story. (Six? Can it really be a sixth year of urinal cake jokes?) Yesterday I spent much of my idle mind time creating poetry. But not just any poetry -- this poem had to be truly stupid and crappy, designed to make people groan with loathing. Pointless, bad poetry.

Mmm. I think I succeeded. I can hardly bear to look at it myself.

"They flew through the air
with the greatest of ease
powered by a hand-dryer pair
above Badger's fleas

"More powerful than a hovercraft
Faster than an elephant on the moon
Cooler than Huck Finn's river raft
Admired by Alice the Goon

"Aliens and giant squids tried
To catch them, always asking why
They traveled that way. But they only cried,
"It's the only way to fly!"


I'll try to work on something a little less repellent today.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I thought it was seven years.

Either way, holy loo lozenges, Batman!