Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thursday the 16th of October

Okay, it's nothing great.

But I wanted to write some crappy free verse stuff for a thread (link later) in a forum. And here it is:

i was conversing with tejon just the other day
and he said that he thought my penchant
for crappy poetry would be my downfall
i told him that a downfall would at least
be some sort of movement
be it right direction or not
aser he replied you have no direction at all
you're right I told him and that is why no matter which way
i move i can count it as progress

your progress is another woman s landfill he told me
but i reminded him
that there are a lot of gullies to fill up
in west virginia

he was annoyed but could not refute me

the best he could come up with was
but maybe they like having gullies

fine i conceded
i ll send my stuff to shore up the levees
in new orleans

he laughed and gave me the address for homeland security
and the mayor s office in that beleaguered city


I love Don Marquis "Archy and Mehitabel" stuff, and have tried to emulate it since I discovered it 42 years ago. I should do more of it since I enjoy it so much.

Also, I flagrantly bought yet another drawing pad, this one spiral bound, named "Sketch Journal". I hope to begin using it tomorrow, and in addition to whatever writing I do, have a bit of sketch every day.


No comments: