Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Today's Effort

On Task

There is no task but this;
No Time, no Earth, no nation.
No Lover here to kiss,
Just me for the duration.

Well, not just me, but this:
Attention, work, and purpose.
No company I miss,
No thoughts of 'rich' or 'famous.'

A kind of Heaven, here,
Distractions far from dragging
My mind to any fear
My spirit any lagging.

Step by step, stroke by stroke,
I build a bridge to Progress;
My job is not a joke --
The worth is in the process.

For I know what to do
And yes, who else would do it?
And who else would want to?
Nobody likes to edit.


Let me just say here, after 20 minutes trying to get this post to come out the way I wanted to without having to flick back and forth retyping it, that Google is a fuck up when it comes to interacting with "Word". There was no way I could compose in Word and copy and paste to this blog, and that is just plain old shit. It used to work. It doesn't work now. Therefore, I must assume that the change is for spite, and now I am on my guard about Google. Corporate hostilities are a given in this world, but I'm really sick and tired of us consumers being screwed over every time big guns feel a need to take aim at each other. It doesn't matter whether it's the US and Iraq or Google and Microsoft.

Assholes.



No comments: