Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Pastel Irritation

Irritating. Yes, that's how I would describe this "lesson" in using pastels.

I think I started messing with this a couple days after Christmas, and could only get back to it from time to time, due to low temps (and no heat in the garage studio), and then a cold; add in that after each stage the "instructor" wants the surface pigment stabilized with fixative.

Finally I got fed up with the change in color from instruction photo to instruction photo, and just finished putting the sparkles on the water and textured the sky.

I think I learned a good bit about making water appear watery, but bleah. Next time I do a study session like this, I'm going to look at the finished product first and work from that, and not from the lies with which the instructor misleads his irritable student.

No comments: