Friday, February 20, 2009

Zoom! The Days Fly By

Monday was the cover image (see below).
Tuesday I wrote a little, editing Transitions.
Wednesday I painted -- oils -- on a painting I'd begun years ago. I was able to do some groovy blue on darker blue texturing, which I believe will set the tone for the rest of the painting.

Thursday, Lillian began asking questions about my art work; she was trying out new terminology and mis-used the word "stencil". I whipped out the Exacto knife and cut a simple shape from card stock, then used soft pastels to demonstrate what a stencil does.

While Lil experimented with a heart stencil I cut for her, I continued to mess with my shape. I added a little other color to the shapes, too.

When the air began to chill, I cleaned up the work table, and then smiled, realizing that what Lillian had done for me was -- get me to playing with my toys. Now that's priceless.

No comments: